For a very professional service, with excellent spoken English and safe driving, Janith at Udara Tours offers top quality tours well below hotel and holiday rep prices. Air conditioned mini modern minibus for you comfort. Free pickup from all Bentota and Beruwela Hotels.
Yala National Park (2 day tour)
Yala National Park is geographically located in Sri Lanka at latitude 06°16′ – 06°42′ North and longitude 81°15′ – 81°42′ East. The Park can be visited via the town of Tissamaharama in the Hambantota District of the Southern Province.
Yala National Park is well recognised as one of the best parks in the world to observe and photograph leopards. The park covers an area of over 100 000 hectares and is divided into five blocks. Block one is the most visited area since it contains the highest density of leopards. However other areas of Yala such as Yala East had been closed to visitors for some years and it will take time to research leopard numbers in these areas. Yala West consists of scrub jungle brackish lagoons and stunning rock monoliths scattered throughout the park its eastern edge is bounded by the South East coast.
Birdwatchers are in their element in Yala National Park with 165 species observed in the area including: Asian Paradise Flycatcher Green Bee-eater Baya Weawer Roseringed Parakeet and endemics such as Sri Lankan Hanging Parrot Sri Lankan Jungle Fowl as well as Grey and Malabar Pied Hornbill.
Yala national park (2 Day excursion)
- Tour start at 6.00 am and on the way to the yala in Kosgoda visit the Turtle hatchery see Toddy Tapping process and at Ambalangoda stay while to see the Mask and Antique Factory.
- In Hikkaduwa make a boat trip on the glass bottom boat. Then visit Galle Dutch Fort and Weherahena Temple at Mathara.
- The destination of the first day will be at Chandrika Hotel.
- In the evening or the following day do a Jeep Safari. ( Yala or Bundala National Park) dinner and night stay at Chandrika Hotel – Tissa (H/B basis)
- On way back to the Bentota you will have time to do sea bath or way ride at Unawatuna or Hikkaduwa.
(Transport Hotel (H/B) basis and all entrance fees are included)